Monday, December 07, 2009

St. Nicholas' Feast

Happy 2nd Week of Advent!

We celebrated St. Nicholas Day yesterday and I just had to share the adorable puppet we made for the occasion!

Photobucket

Isn't he cute!

I came up with a way for me to make puppets of the saints without going crazy...HOT GLUE!!!!! I just cut out the pieces and managed to glue gun them together. I took time to stop and stuff as needed. I put an old sock in the inside of the center of his vestments and then glued it down to one side of the red felt. Then I finished stuffing around the sock (not in it) and glued it closed.

TA DA!

Really easy and NO SEWING! Which is better for someone like me without a sewing machine or any skill at such complex fabric or felt construction.

We also made this little ornament to hang on our "Advent Tree". She enjoyed helping glue it with Elmers (which I then reinforced with hot glue).

Photobucket

Hope you had a great 2nd Sunday of Advent!

Advent Blessings!

No comments: