Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Decorating the Gluten Free Cookies

Photobucket
We finally decorated the cookies today!
PhotobucketPhotobucket
What precious memories! I loved decorating cookies with my mom during Advent and Christmas and although this is a simpler method it works great for my toddlers and cuts down on the mess.
Photobucket
I roll out marshmallow fondant (homemade...made from marshmallows, water, and powdered sugar) and have the kids paint their cookies with a drop of corn syrup to attach it. Then they paint the fondant covered cookie with a bit more corn syrup to glue their sprinkles to the fondant. They LOVED dropping sprinkles on their cookies!
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Some of the cookies are nativity shapes so they look a little odd, but E really enjoyed decorating her "donkey"! :)
Photobucket
I will, however, be picking sprinkles off of my feet until I sweep the kitchen!

No comments: