Saturday, April 23, 2011

Reusable Easter Calendar

Photobucket

I had ALL of these eggs leftover from my daughter's birthday party. We had a strawberry hunt using all of the pink eggs! I decided to make use of them for Easter too!! Each egg came with tiny holes already in the top. So if you decide to make this calendar be sure to make sure there are little vents at the top of each egg!

I used a black sharpie and wrote the numbers 1-50 for every day of Easter. Be sure to write on the bottom of the egg so you can turn the number around as you count down. Then take some pipe cleaners...any color or size you want...and thread them through the hole.

PhotobucketPhotobucket
I twisted mine on the inside of the egg to make a tiny loop at the top. Please note I found it easiest to do this as I attached the egg to the ribbon. Stringing them all on after the fact is a little more complicated as the ribbon is very long and I had no idea how much room I needed until I finished!
Photobucket

The finished product turned out well! If I was YOU I'd use a prettier ribbon, but again I'm trying to work with what I have around the house...hence the black ribbon! Although our Alleluia sign is on the same ribbon, so perhaps it will match nicely!

We plan to fill each egg with a small treat and scripture passage, but you can do anything you want and reuse this idea each year. I can even take it apart and change the ribbon to something prettier next year as each egg is it's own little loop and piece. After opening an egg we will turn the number around to show that day has passed.

Wishing you a Blessed Easter!

1 comment:

Melissa @ Homegrown Catholics said...

I saw your Easter Eggs (through Catholic Icing), and wanted you to know I made the same thing and made a printable of all the Mass readings during Easter's 50 days. Visit my blog to print it out if you hadn't yet!

http://stbrigidsacademy.blogspot.com/2011/04/our-holy-week.html