Monday, December 06, 2010

2nd Week of Advent!

Photobucket

We purchased a fake tree this year, but I'm already fond of it! All of the Advent boxes are on the tree with the goodies and stickers. The kids opened the St. Nicholas one today with a note telling them to check their stockings!

Photobucket

The kids insist on having the candles lit every time they eat! I just can't say no to that! :) I made this wreath the year we got married to match all of our Advent decor. I love purple and green! See previous year's posts for decorations.

Photobucket

Here's the St. Nicholas puppet who told the story of St. Nicholas and the 3 daughters! The kids just love puppets! They colored some coloring sheets from stnicholascenter.com as well.

Photobucket

These socks were this year's St. Nick gifts! I also gave them some ceramic ornaments to paint which are pictured last in this post.

Photobucket

Here's our "manger" for putting straw in every time you do something kind or make a sacrifice for Our Lord. We are hopefully going to work hard to make a soft baby bed for Jesus!

Photobucket
My kiddos love playing with their little people nativity! Here my daughter arranged them with Baby Jesus as the central figure. So sweet!
Photobucket
Eating a special snack...my kids love honey and rice cake! I added some sprinkles since it is a special feast today!
Photobucket

Photobucket

3 comments:

Theresa said...

I love how you do Advent!

Gardenia said...

what a celebratory day you're having. so cute that your children want to light all the candles on the advent wreath! moms go with the flow -- that's our motto sometimes. Happy Feast of St. nicholas Day!

Gardenia said...

Merry Christmas !!