Thursday, March 03, 2011

Lenten Sacrifice Jar

Photobucket

Many Catholics have a tradition of placing beans in jar whenever a sacrifice is made during Lent. My good friend does this with her children and this year I decided to add it to our list of Lenten activities.

My children will get a bean to put in the jar whenever they do something without being asked or are helpful/sacrificial. I plan to do it too! Then, on Easter Morning...the jar will be full of jelly beans! The fruit of their good works united to the sweetness of the saving grace of Jesus!! :)

I love this activity! I just used an old jelly jar and printed some images from my computer which I cut and pasted onto some crepe paper I wrapped around and glued to the jar. Very EASY but a nice touch. The purple bowl is one we had on hand. I picked up some black beans and pinto beans to use.

Photobucket

Woohoo! One thing ready...everything else to go!

"...do not let your left hand know what your right is doing,
so that your almsgiving may be secret.
And your Father who sees in secret will repay you."

Blessings!

No comments: