Friday, September 09, 2011

Ladder to Heaven

For our Religion Lesson this week in the Who Am I? curriculm we learned about the 10 commandments. The kids had a blast with this craft and they love the stories about Moses! My dear Kindergartener is quite fascinated with the Baby in a basket beginnings of this great man of God. Soooo in the scripture story about him climbing the mountain to talk with God they were both in awe of him attached to the side of this massive rock.
Photobucket
I love this story. I used to have so many frustrated concerns about the commandments and how to live them out, but now I feel like a child relearning these lessons. These commandments really are like a parent's guide to keep their child safe. Each one is a kiss of love from my Father God in Heaven. A way to keep his beloved children from getting run over by sin and the pain that comes immediately after such a crash. What an amazing God to give us this "Ladder to Heaven". I took this craft directly from the text in the teacher's guide...soooo no credit to me...other than we made it really BIG!
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
We hung these in their rooms...don't you love Mr. Incredible right next to our 10 commandments? So funny. My Bug-A-Boo loves hanging pictures on his walls and so does she! I am treasuring the crazy taped up walls. I know this will not last forever and once we paint...it will be long gone. So for now I adore and rejoice in the unprofessional crafty look we are sporting!
Photobucket
AND the crayon-drawn walls...also somewhat endearing...but mostly a bad memory. LOL! I tried toothpaste but we have these gritty walls and all that did was take the paint off too. Le sigh. Eventually...we will paint.
I took about 93 pictures this week soooo I know there are a lot but...trust me...it could have much more extensive! I decided to split this week into two posts. So much fun in our homeschooling world this week! I am in love with this new lifestyle and God is touching my life in the midst of it. I feel abundantly blessed to be here with my children holding them, learning with them. Just a bucket full of grace. This life, His gift to me...my gift back to Him.

No comments: