Saturday, September 03, 2011

Bug Hunters and Book Making!!

What a WEEK! It has been much less ordered with the car in the shop and mommy not attending daily mass! I think something about that pushes me to move faster and get more done in the mornings! Later starts to my day makes me feel out of whack. BUT everything we needed to do was accomplished! Praise the Lord for that!

Here's a sampler of Week 3!
Photobucket
We finished her "Allergies" book...a safety project for her to learn how to stay safe and what she is allergic to (SO MANY THINGS!) along with printed pics of each thing and different ways it might be packaged or offered. PHEW! It took a while, but I know it's important to learn it. I'm sure she hasn't memorized it yet, but at least we are working toward that. Maybe we'll start that next week! :)
Photobucket
This is the cover for her "Days of the Week" learning book. We wrote (sometimes she did, but mostly I did) what she does on that day or what happens.
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket Not much for Thursday...so we put storytime.PhotobucketPhotobucket We also made up a little song to sing, but it is VERY basic. She was able to remember them this week on Friday! I was very proud! It's fun to see your child accomplish something you've been practicing together!
Photobucket
We also attended our first clubs meeting which was exciting! She got to wear her Little Flowers sash and have school/clubs with the other homeschool kids. I love our group! PLUS she did adoration with the girls and one of the older girls mentored her (which I also love...). It's nice tht mommy's not the only one who emphasizes being near Jesus in the Eucharist. PhotobucketPhotobucket Working, working, working! My dear preschool guy finished EVERY LAST MAZE in the Kindergarten workbook...sooooo no more mazes until mommy buys a new one! He also did all of the math exercises in her book. Apparently he's more gung-ho to sit and work beside us than I initially expected! Good, but leaves us with not much for Week 4! :)

We learned about being made in the image of God and reviewed adding by one and basic addition with her math blocks. PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Also my Preschool guy spent hours rubbing glue off of his hands...LOL Photobucket

We had an impromptu science experiment...my Kindergartener made perfume! Photobucket

Finally...BUG HUNTING! I bought these cheap bug hunter kits at the dollar store and the kids had a blast hunting for bugs on our nature walk this week! They also found bugs in the house...gotta love that! Just an earwig...but still...ewwww.
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
My guy takes bug hunting VERY seriously! :)

Hope your week was blessed!

No comments: