Wednesday, June 22, 2011

GF/DF/EGG Free Banana Bread Recipe!

Photobucket

This banana bread turned out fluffier and better than any egg-free banana bread I've made! I used almost no sugar...only honey and bananas to sweeten it and it was a huge success! My allergic child ate it all and usually she eats it once and then refuses it, but I'm excited at her love of this new recipe!

I used this recipe as a base for my adaptations, but really I ended up with an entirely different recipe since I didn't want to use shortening/sugar and I wanted it GF.

Egg Free Banana Bread recipe

Here's what I did:

GF/DF/EF Banana Bread

Ingredients:
1/4 C + 2 tbsp olive oil (or similar)
1/2 C honey (you can use sugar if you prefer... 3/4 C of sugar)
1 1/2 C Gluten Free Flour Blend (I use Bob's Redmill)
1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1/4 + 1/8 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp salt
1 tsp xanthum gum or guar gum (omit if you use reg. flour)
1 tsp cinnamon (add more if you'd like a stronger cinnamon flavor--optional)
4 medium ripe bananas (if you use sugar reduce this by a banana or use small bananas)
1 tsp vanilla

Preheat oven to 325 degrees fahrenheit. Combine oil, vanilla and honey in a large bowl then combine dry ingredients and add in small amounts to the oil and honey mixture. Mix well. Mash bananas separately and then add to mixture. Mix well and be sure the bananas are fully incorporated before pouring batter into a greased pan. Any 9 or 8 inch rectangular pan or similar works well.

Bake for 45-60 minutes or until a knife comes out clean (check it once it begins to brown on the top).

Allow it too cool completely before cutting.

I think a loaf pan would work too, but I have not tried it yet...it would take longer to cook through in a loaf pan.

So tasty!

Blessings!

No comments: