Saturday, April 23, 2011

Easter treats!

Photobucket

Here's my gumpaste/fondant cake topper for Easter! Of course...there is no cake yet...I am hopeful there will be time to get one made!

I spent my morning baking cookies and making Krispy Treats for my kids' baskets. My daughter's food allergies only allow so many purchased items and it ends up being a nice touch to have homemade goodies!

I also really wanted to make an allergen free Easter Bread this year. Trying to shape it into a ring is difficult so I just poured the dough into a well greased bundt pan.

My daughter can't have eggs so instead of using painted eggs...I painted the bread! :)

Photobucket

I diluted icing colors in vanilla like I do with fondant painting and it worked pretty well!

This is a great alternative for people who still want something festive without eggs!

Blessings for a Holy Easter!

No comments: