Monday, January 12, 2009

Passionate Love

I'm currently reading Christopher West's book 'Heaven's Song'. I think it would make a good book study for a Catholic Women's group. I would LOVE to have time to sit and reflect on the questions at the end of each chapter, but sadly this morning was interrupted by my lovely children right as I began my "reflection time". The joys of motherhood! I know our Lord sees these struggles. I am passionately in Love with Him. Now I just need to work on showing it!! As Valentine's Day decorations will soon go up in our household (I finally convinced my hubby that they should be up the month before V-day and the week of...) my mind is on love and things passionate. I realized (while reading West's book) that this year for Valentine's Day I need to reignite that passion I have for serving God with the gifts He has graciously given to me. That, as a lover woos a beloved, I need to so abundantly shower our Lord with my Love. Sooo determining the little ways (St. Therese) I can do that and the ways He is (luckily) guiding me to shower Him is the part I am trying to figure out.

Also I'm reexamining my Heart Day decor...much of it is ridden with cheesiness and kitsch. Perhaps, in a little dream world, I will afford to upgrade to something more classy...but for now I think I just need to edit what I have and make it work! Perhaps I will just print a few of my favorite quotes and frame them...and on that note I have finally narrowed down the quotes I want to use this Lent for our banner (yet to be made) and a framed scripture for the wall.

They are...


“Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified their flesh with its passions and desires…” Galatians 5:24

AND the ever famous Isaiah 52:4-5 passage:

"...it was our infirmities that he bore, our sufferings that he endured, While we thought of him as stricken, as one smitten by God and afflicted.

But he was pierced for our offenses, crushed for our sins, Upon him was the chastisement that makes us whole, by his stripes we were healed."

There's a lot to this passage, but this is perhaps the most key part.

Today my goal is to live out this passionate love for my God who gave Himself for me to live. And to continue to live out gentleness in this new year.

All Glory to God!

No comments: