Sunday, January 30, 2011

Journey Back to Me

I was recently asked by a fellow blogger to do an interview that she would submit to her editor for an online article about healthy living. It got me thinking a lot about my journey and how this process of losing weight and getting stronger has really helped me dig deep into myself to see clearly who I am again.

Here's a piece of my response to her questions...I'll post a link to the article if she is able to have it published, but if not I'd still like to share a quote from what I sent to her:

"I knew that I really had lost myself somewhere I wanted to regain confidence in the person God created me to be. To truly be "me" again. I knew I was loved by my family and friends but I didn't really see myself anymore and struggled to love the person I was since I felt unrecognizable. I felt buried. I wanted to start digging my way out of the hole I created for myself."

I haven't posted much about my weight loss journey on either of my blogs, but it has been a huge part of my life for the last year. I wanted to share the before and after photos that I have because a few people have asked.

Here's a side by side before and after:

PhotobucketPhotobucket

And here's the "journey" from the beginning of my tracking and recording to a recent side view shot:
PhotobucketPhotobucket

I know the pics aren't taken from the same angles and distances but hopefully you get an idea of where I was and where I am now.

I think anyone can do this. I thought I couldn't for the longest time, but really it's a simple choice. I'm going to exercise and eat right. I don't always do it perfectly...I'm not always on track, but the key is to always get back on track, be kind to yourself and start over.

It reminds me a lot of the journey I make as a Christian. I may not always be the perfect example of how to be holy, but I always ask for God's mercy, allow Him to forgive me and accept His forgiveness while forgiving myself...I start over. Losing weight is a lot like that. I have to accept I'm not perfect but not allow those slip-ups to discourage me from continuing to strive toward a goal I've made. Being healthy, like being holy is a lifelong decision...to work toward and strive for constantly is the part that isn't easy but that is always worth it!!!

Blessings!

1 comment:

Adrienne said...

This is an AMAZING post Evie! You look absolutely fabulous, and your attitude about it all is fantastic! Thank you so much for sharing this element of your life journey. :)

Love and blessings!!