Saturday, February 20, 2010

The Fall and Fail

Photobucket


Lent. A time of remembering how human we are. How often we choose wrongly and turn away from HIM. Jesus never left us and even came back to the Apostles after the fact...and stays with us in the Eucharist. Yet we cannot watch with him for even one hour.

How
quickly
I
fall.
How simple and easy a journey down back to the earth.
Choosing to follow you means to fall and fall again, to fall thrice.
I am not strong.
Weak and small.
Dust and gravel.
Again walking with you
Nothing I do succeeds without
You
Lift and transform me once more.

So I walk again. Try again.

Like a little child learning to ride a bike.
Only feeling like she'll never learn...
always
fall.

Thank you Jesus for always catching me and loving me in my scraped and bleeding condition.

No comments: