Monday, January 11, 2010

Ending but not over...

Christmas Season ended yesterday and our tree died a terrible dry death days before that. I suppose this is the result of getting the tree right when Advent begins and expecting it to live long and prosper through the Christmas Season (yes I did recently watch the new Star Trek...). Poor tree.

Watching us take it out the back door is much like watching a circus act. Only we never mean it to be that way. This time it was him saying it fits...me saying it won't...the tree fitting but then getting stuck...and round and round. It finally made it out the back door. Poor, poor tree. I'm sure we looked like clowns trying to fit a tree into a clown car.

Normally this would be the day that all of our decorations come down and all of my Valentine's Day stuff gets pulled out. However, we have a belated Epiphany party for my husband's office. They will all be here for a "Christmas party" next weekend so the decorations have to stay up. It feels a little wrong. I know that's strange. I mean, no one really knows but us and no one cares...but somewhere in me is this urge to strip the house of its lovely Christmas decor in order to keep with the Church's beginning of Ordinary Time. So this is a silly little sacrifice for me.

Happy late Epiphany and Beginning of Ordinary Time! Blessings!

1 comment:

Adrienne said...

Hello, Evie! I found you through Cristina's blog. :)

I kept my tree up until Epiphany too, and then I packed it up, along with the rest of my Christmas goodies. Now we just need to get that box down to the basement...